corsi Evidenza

Powercodes: a coding academy for refugees

Powercoders is a coding bootcamp specializing in training professionals: Full Stack Web Developers, UX/UI Designers, Digital Product Owners and Front-End Developers and Back-end Developers

Programming languages and technologies studied will be:

● Bash Terminal
● Git – Github
● Basics of Javascript programming
● Object-oriented Programming with Javascript
● Database and data management with SQL, Sequelize e Mongoose

● Designing and Prototyping with Figma (UX/UI)
● Introduction to Front-End programming with JS, HTML, CSS
● Back-end programming with Node Js
● Frontend programming with React Js
● APIs
● MVP on production release as final project

During the training course, participants will have the chance to interact with potential hiring partners who plan to select and onboard students of the course.

After the first selection, an assisted onboarding process will start in which the student is going to focus on the technologies required by the companies.

Duration:  3 months + 1 month of preparation-work carried out autonomously on the project’s platform

Shedule: 5 days a week (Full-time), approximately:
Monday to Friday 9.00-13.00 e 14.00-18.00

Requested Skills:

●  Aptitude for logical reasoning
●  Basic knowledge of Windows/Mac OS/Linux operating systems
●  Good knowledge of Text Editors such as Word/Google Docs
●  Great motivation and full-time availability
●  Proficient knowledge of the English language (spoken and written)
●  Basic knowledge of Italian language and willingness to study and use it.

No previous knowledge of coding and programming needed

The course attendance is free. Each student will be provided with an Income Sharing Agreement contract through our partner Talents Venture. That agreement will be activated only when the student will reach a minimum salary threshold.

For further information please contact:
Social Lead Camilla Guerrato:
Project Manager Francesco Ecclesie:

Application deadline: 12th September

Visit the following website for further information:

corsi Evidenza

100 scholarships for refugees

Call for 100 scholarships for refugees Ministero Interno – CRUI a.a. 2022/23
The call for applications for 100 scholarships for students with international protection, for access to degree, master’s degree and PhD courses without a scholarship at Italian universities, is online until 31 August 2022.

The initiative, promoted by the Ministry of the Interior and CRUI, with the participation of ANDISU, aims to support the right to study of young meritorious students, holders of international protection, who are forced to interrupt the study path started in their country of origin.

Call for applications 100 scholarships for students with international protection (EN version)

Bando per l’assegnazione di 100 annualità di borse di studio a studenti con protezione internazionale (IT)


 614 Visite totali,  38 visite odierne

Evidenza Ucraina


Starting Friday, June 10, livelihood grants of 300 euros per month will be disbursed to refugees from Ukraine who have applied for temporary protection in Italy and found housing independently. The support includes a contribution of 300 euros per month for each adult and a supplement of 150 euros per month for each accompanying child under the age of 18.

How to withdraw the 300 euros

Ukrainian citizens who have applied by May 9 and for whom the Civil Protection Department has completed all checks can collect the contribution for the months of March and April. In this case, those who receive notification by text message can go to any post office counter and present the identity document with which the residence permit for temporary protection was applied for and the receipt of the application issued by the Police Headquarters, where the tax code is indicated. People will have 2 months to withdraw the economic support, after which the contribution will be revoked.

Who can apply and who is excluded

All those who have submitted (until May 9) an application for a residence permit for temporary protection issued by the Questura who are, or have been, in a condition of autonomous accommodation, that is, with relatives, friends or host families for at least ten days within a month, can apply for the bonus.

Those who are housed in facilities made available by the Italian state (Cas-Centers for extraordinary assistance, Sai-System for reception and integration, facilities for widespread reception, hotels made available by the Autonomous Regions and Provinces) cannot apply for the contribution.

Can one still apply for support?

The support can be applied for by September 30, 2022, always through registration on the Civil Protection platform and is recognized for a maximum of three months from the date shown on the receipt of the application for a residence permit; depending on the period elapsed between the application and the request for the contribution, it can be recognized for one monthly installment, two or the full amount.

Full details on the grant, how to apply and what documents are needed can be found in this article published earlier.

Here is a list of post offices in Italy with multilingual services: List of multilingual post offices


 1,523 Visite totali,  42 visite odierne

aiuti sociali Asilo e immigrazione corsi Evidenza

Refugee-led Innovation Fund

Refugee-led Innovation Fund

Championing the creativity of all displaced people

Vision and Objective
The Refugee Led Innovation Fund champions innovation by all people who experience forced displacement. It seeks to reshape their participation in the delivery of humanitarian work by placing them at the centre of decisions affecting their lives, and ensuring that they lead the identification of needs and the design of innovative solutions.

The Fund provides a holistic support mechanism combining financial resources, mentoring and other expertise directly to organisations led by people who experience forced displacement. This will enable them to design new interventions which will have a lasting positive impact on their communities.

About the Fund
Organisations that are led by refugees, forcibly displaced and stateless people make remarkable contributions to their communities, but face considerable challenges that prevent them from accessing direct and flexible funding.

They are often excluded from existing networks of entrepreneurs and innovators, resulting in poor access to knowledge, information and resources that could help them to magnify their impact.

The Refugee-Led Innovation Fund proposes a fundamental shift in programme architecture. It takes a grassroot approach whereby organizations led by people who experience forced displacement are directly provided with meaningful financial resources and the support required to implement innovative approaches.

Who can apply
The Fund supports innovation by all organisations led by people who experience forced displacement, including refugees, asylum-seekers, the internally displaced, returnees and stateless people.

Applicants will be asked to apply as a team, usually as part of an existing organisation.

The Fund accepts applications from both registered or unregistered organisations.

Additional attention will be given to ensuring that LGBTIQ+ persons, women-led, disability-led and other underrepresented organisations receive the necessary support and encouragement to apply to the Fund.

Asilo e immigrazione Before you go Faq

Establishing Residence in Italy

It’s a document granted by the Italian government that bestows on a foreigner the right to establish residence n Italian territory. The duration of the permit varies.

The application for a residence permit must be filed within eight working days after being admitted to Italy. A delay is legitimate only in the presence of circumstances beyond anyone’s control. You don’t have to apply for a residence permit if you have come to Italy for a visit, business, tourism or to study for a period not over three months. In this circumstance a declaration of presence will suffice.

If a foreign citizen arrives in Italy to work or to reunite with his/her family, and applies for a residence permit for the first time, he/she must go to the appropriate Prefecture’s Unified Immigration Desk (SUI) (here is the map,) within an eight day period after being admitted. An appointment request can be sent via a Digital Signature Certificate (PEC,) with a copy of the postmarked visa attached. Subsequently you will be called to go in person to the SUI to:

  • Turn in the original of the necessary papers,
  • Be given the appropriate permit kit,
  • And for those between the age of 16 and 65, to sign the integration agreement (for additional info read the FAQ on the issue.)


If you are applying for a permit based on:

  • Awaiting employment, awaiting citizenship, international protection, family, self-employment, subordinate employment, out of the ordinary employment, seasonal employment, mission, religious beliefs, elective residence, stateless person (renewal,) study (long-term permit,) apprenticeship, professional training, EU Blue Card, need to amend residence permit (address, passport, civil status, adding on children,)

the requests must be deposited at an authorized post office, using the appropriate kit that can be found at all post offices, municipalities and union’s welfare agencies. 

In case of the following grounds:

  • International protection, subsidiary protection, 1° international protection, medical treatment, athletic competition, justice, integration of a minor, invitation, underage individual, family members (the granting of a permit to a non-deportable alien, ex. Art. 19 T.U.)  humanitarian, stateless person, workcations, and in every other case not specifically listed,

the application must be presented directly to the Questura (police.)

Generally, it’s necessary to have one’s personal ID (i.e., passport,) and any additional papers related to the type of residence permit being requested. Additional information can be had at an authorized post office, the Questura (central police station,) local municipalities and union’s welfare agencies.

The Questura will keep the original request. You will be given a copy that will serve as a receipt.


Please Note: When the application is deposited at the post office, the individual will be given a sheet with the date and time when he/she will have to go to the Questura to turn over ID photos and have their fingerprints taken.

The papers to be submitted are:

  • A €16 revenue stamp,
  • A payment of €30.46 via a postal payment slip (PSE,) for the electronic version of residence permit. The stamped receipt must be attached to the application,
  • Payment via postal payment slip of a sum that ranges from €40 to €100 for the permit itself. The type of permit and its length determine the amount to be paid.


Please Note:  The following categories are exempt from paying:

  • A spouse’s underage children or those born out of wedlock,
  • Those who have a residence permit for medical treatment,
  • Foreign citizens who are applying or renewing an international protection residence permit,
  • Those who are converting a still valid residence permit,
  • Those who need to amend a permit,
  • Family members of EU citizen who reside here based on D. Lgs. 30/2007.

The duration of a residence permit, if applicable, is equal to that of the entrance visa. In any case in the chart below, you will find all the info:

Employment with long-term contract

Max. 2 years

Employment with a short-term contract

Equal to the length of the contract; max of 1 year


Max. 2 years

Seasonal employment

Max. 9 months, no matter where you are employed

Waiting to be employed

At least 1 year, that is as long as the income support benefits that the foreign worker will receive, if superior to the year (L. 92/2012);

Study and training

1 year, renewable

Family members

The same as the person who has the right to family reunification, or max. 2 years

Application for international protection

6 months, thereafter renewable every 6 months until the procedure is completed

International protection (subsidiary and status of)

5 years

Special protection

2 years

Special cases

6 months, renewable for a year or more

Permit due to natural disaster

6 months

Permit for acts of bravery  

2 years

Volunteer work

Usually 1 year, max. 18 months

Scientific reasearch

Length of research program 

(D. Lgs. 17/2008)


The renewal must be filed at the post office or Questura, depending on the reason, at least 60 days before it expires. This is just a guideline, and should you not comply there is no immediate sanction foreseen. If the residence permit has expired for more than 60 days without proof that a renewal has been requested, you will be considered an irregular migrant.

In case of an application or renewal of a residence permit, the individual is a legal resident and can work provided that:

  • The application has been filed before expiration or within 60 days after the expiration date,
  • You are in possession of a receipt issued by the responsible authority that proves that an application or renewal of the permit has been filed. During this time you will be able to enroll in the National Health Service, renew the Identification Card, change your residence, have access to welfare programs, get your driver license, etc.

The residence permit cannot be renewed or extended if one’s stay in Italy is interrupted by a sojourn abroad of over 6 months, or a span of time superior to half of the permit’s validity, except in circumstances such as military service or the like. Furthermore, the residence permit will not be renewed if the legal conditions that led to its being granted no longer apply.

What are the residence permits that can be converted into work permits?

Study, apprenticeship or training

Before a permit’s expiration date, it can be converted into a work permit if the request falls within the yearly quota set by related legislation. If the conversion isn’t approved, you are still allowed to work 20 hours/week.

Seasonal Employment

Before its expiration date, but it must fall within the quota set by related legislation.

Underage (art.32, comma 1-bis)

Social Protection (now under the rubric of special cases, art 18 e 22, 12 quarter)

Victims of Domestic Violence ((now under the rubric of special cases) (art.18–bis)

EU residence permit for long term residents issued by another EU member state (art.9–bis)

Special Protection (as in art. 32, ¶ 3, of the January 28, 2008, legislative decree n. 25)

Due to calamity (as in art. 20-bis)

Due to Elective Residence (as in art. 11, ¶ 1, letter c-quarter) of the President of the Republic decree, August 31, 1999, n. 394)

To gain citizenship or be recognized as a stateless person

Due to Athletic Activity

Due to Artistic Type Job

Due to Religious Beliefs

To Assist Minors

Due to Medical Treatment

Please Note:  The residence permits issued while waiting for international protection status, allows the petitioner to work two months after the date the request was filed, but it cannot be converted into another type of permit.

A residence permit holder can:

  • Sign up at a Job Collocation Center and develop a professional curriculum
  • Enroll in the National Health Service
  • Sign up with Social Security (INPS)
  • Sign up with National Work Insurance program (INAIL)
  • Request to be civilly registered in the municipality of residence
  • Join and/or promote an association
  • Join a union
  • Enroll in educational and training programs.

In the following occasions, they must show their residence permit together with a passport or any other personal ID:

  • To members of the public administration when applying for licenses, authorizations, registrations, etc.
  • When asked by the police and other security personnel. If one refuses to show their ID, he/she can be arrested and fined up to €2000.  When a valid motive exists, the police can ask information and proof of   income (from work or other legitimate sources,) that must be sufficient to provide for the foreign citizen and his/her family. 
  • They have the obligation to communicate within 15 days an eventual change of address to the local Questore (police functionary.) The communication can be made via an hospitality declaration and/or a “cessione di fabbricato” form according to norms in place.

No, the residence permit is valid till its expiration date and, except for seasonal workers, for a period of not less than 1 year. If a new job is not found before the expiration date, there is the possibility to apply for a permit awaiting employment.

The integration agreement is an Italian governmental document that a foreign citizen must sign. It commits the individual to a series of steps to further the process of integration via courses in language, social and civil education during the permit’s duration. 

When the agreement is signed, the alien will be given 16 credits that can be increased through the acquisition of knowledge of the Italian language level A2, fundamentals of the Italian Constitution, civil life in Italy or the completion of activities. The credits will be reduced in the face of criminal, administrative and tax related offences. 

In order to remain in Italy, the agreement expects that the migrant will reach a quota of 30 credits within a two-year period

Source: Portale Integrazione Migranti (Ministero del Lavoro e delle Politiche Sociali; Ministero dell’Interno; Ministero dell’Istruzione.)

Leggi anche:

Asilo e immigrazione Before you go Faq Lavoro

Entering Italy to Work

The number of foreign citizens who are admitted to work, whether seasonal, subordinate or otherwise, is determined by an annual quota set by the yearly Immigration Decree. The quotas determine the maximum number of non-EU citizens who can be admitted to Italy to work. In certain instances, determined by legislation, one may be admitted outside the quotas.

This type of visa can be requested by those who are citizens of one of the countries listed each year in the Council of Ministers Decree (DCPM) that governs the quotas for seasonal employment in the following categories: tourism, hospitality industry and agriculture. When clearance is granted, the foreign worker can enter Italy and set in motion the procedure to get a residence permit for seasonal employment.

The self-employment visa allows a foreign citizen who intends to pursue a professional activity or be self-employed to enter Italy. To get it you must fall within the annual DCPM entrance quota. On rare occasions one can apply outside the quota. Furthermore, you must show that you have sufficient funds at your disposal, and your profession must not fall within a category set aside for Italian citizens or EU members.

Queste FAQ sono parte del Vademecum “Benvenute e benvenuti in Italia” realizzato nell’ambito del progetto Before U Go

Asilo e immigrazione Before you go Faq

Entering Italy

A visa is the authorization issued by the proper consulate or a country’s legal representative that allows a foreign national to enter the Schengen Area or Italy. 

It’s stamped in your passport or any other valid document. 

The citizens of any state outside of the European Union (EU) or a stateless person who intends to come to Italy for the following reasons: 

  • Adoption, Business, Medical Treatment, Diplomacy, Family Reasons, Athletic Competition, Invitation, Work – be it self-employed or contract, – Religious Beliefs or Mission, Research, Elective Residence, Readmission, Study, Transit through an airport, Haulage, Tourism, Workcation, Volunteer Work. 

Those who arrive in Italy without a visa cannot be turned away if he/she: 

  • Applies for or already benefits from the status of international protection, 
  • Is less than 18 years old, with the exception of a minor choosing to follow a parent or guardian who has been expelled, 
  • Benefits from temporary protection on humanitarian grounds, 
  • Benefits from temporary measures due to being a “special case,” 
  • Is pregnant or has given birth within the last six months. 

At the border the agents will check your ID and stamp the passport with place and date of entry. 


Please Note: If one lies or gives false identification, he/she will be liable to prosecution, and will be turned back

Queste FAQ sono parte del Vademecum “Benvenute e benvenuti in Italia” realizzato nell’ambito del progetto Before U Go

Asilo e immigrazione Evidenza Ucraina

The European Temporary Protection Directive Is Approved

As a result of the war in the Ukraine, the European Union has adopted the Temporary Protection
Directive (Directive 55/2001.)
Ukranian citizens, asylum seekers, holders of status of international protection and permanet
residents in that country along with their families will have the right to renewable residence
permit and to the following serv9ces:
Health Care

Italy has yet to adopt the implementing decree. We will publish the procedures the minute they
become available.
In the meantime be aware that:
It is already possible to stay in Italy for 90 days without a visa or permit (For further
information click here.)
You can request placement in an Extraordinary Reception Center (CAS) and in any of
the centers that are part of the Reception and Integration System (SAI) run by the
individual municipalities (for further information click here.)

Asilo e immigrazione Asilo e immigrazione Evidenza Evidenza Uncategorized Uncategorized



(DECRETO-LEGGE 28 febbraio 2022, n. 16, articolo 3, comma 5)

Are you a refugee from Ukraine? UNHCR can help.

Visit the page for the country you are in.


In any other country:

Asilo e immigrazione Evidenza Faq Ucraina

FAQ – Request for International Protection


  • At the time of your arrival in Italy by declaring your intention to the Border Police
  • At any time at the Questura’s Immigration Office (police station.)(see the map)
  1. Expression of the Wish to Apply.  The first time you go to the Questura, you will have to explicitly state that you intend to request the status of refugee. An alternative way is to present a written declaration with your full name, date of birth, etc. stating your intention to apply.

If the Questura is closed, you can send a letter requesting an appointment to formally register the asylum request. The letter can be written by you or with the help of an attorney

2) The Questura will issue a RECEIPT, a signed and stamped paper with the date and time of your appointment to formally register the request

3) Formal Registration of Request.  This takes place by filling a ‘C3’ form. Once this is completed, you will be able to request a residence permit for asylum seekers that lasts 6 months and is renewable.  Two months after the initial filing, you can work.

Please Note

You arrived in Italy without a visa, and you were not registered (photo and fingerprints taken,) at the point of entry, in this case the Questura will give you two appointments:  the first to take your picture and fingerprints, the second to fill out the ‘C3.’

No ID is necessary. You just fill out the forms’ the police give you.


If you have a passport, you must give it to the police along with 4 photographs.  They will hold on to it for the duration of the request procedure. If there are documents that are helpful or corroborate your request for asylum – degrees, photographs, news articles, membership cards, including those that attest to your age, country of origin, places and countries where you have stayed and those that apply to the reasons for the request, – this is the time to hand them over.

Please Note

You will be asked for an address where you can be contacted and where notifications will be mailed.  If you are staying with friends, please bring a statement to that fact.

If you do not have a residence, you are entitled to a place in a reception center run by the local or national authorities. You have a right to stay in the Center for the length of the process. You have a right to apply for asylum even if you don’t have a permanent address!

After the formal registration of the request, the police will send all documentation to the “Territorial Commission.” There is at least one in all Italian Regions.

The ‘Territorial Commission’ is the body that interviews asylum seekers and decides on the international protection request.

These are the decisions that can be taken following the hearing in front of the Commission:

  • Refugee status is granted.  In this instance the ‘highest’ level of international protection has been granted on the basis that a risk of persecution is considered likely in case of return to the country of origin. Following this decision, you will be able to go to the Questura and obtain a five-year asylum residence permit that can be renewed, in addition to a refugee travel document.
  • Subsidiary protection is granted.  This is another type of international protection that entitles you to a five-year renewable residence permit.
  • Special Protection status is granted.   This is a type of national protection. It grants you the right to obtain from the Questura a two-year residence permit that will be renewable and can be used to find employment.
  • Health Conditions are recognized.  In those instances, in which “serious psycho-physical conditions or symptoms stemming a from serious pathology” are found, you will be granted a residence permit of one-year maximum that can be renewed or converted into a work permit.
  • Request Is Denied.  The Commission has judged that the premises for granting the status of international or special protection do not exist.

    Please Note

    In some cases, you can be called for a second interview. This takes place when the first interview has been deemed insufficient to fully examine a person’s history or to take a decision.  Please don’t worry. It only means that your case is complex.

During a hearing you have the right to:

  • Be interviewed in your language of origin (or a language in which you are fluent,) with the help of a neutral interpreter.
  • Full confidentiality of the information that you present to the Commission, and assurances that they will not be given to your country’s government.
  • A lawyer’s assistance.
  • Consultation with the interpreter if problems arise.
  • Request a break.
  • Request a postponement for serious reasons, i.e., in case of illness.
  • Read the hearing’s transcript and have it redacted in case of discrepancies.

In theory the answer to a request for international protection should be given within a month of the application, but the procedure could take a lot longer. There is no way to establish a temporal timeline.

Please Note

During the duration of the procedure, you will be issued a residence permit due to the request of asylum.

In the instance of a Commission’s denial (a negative answer,) you can appeal to the appropriate Court.  During the appeal process, you will be entitled to renew your 6-months refugee residence permit. The Court has the power to grant or recognize a form of protection – refugee status, subsidiary protection, special protection, health needs, – or confirm the denial. In case the Court should uphold the denial, you can consider filing a new request for international protection if new elements have emerged that corroborate your claim or file a request to the Court of Appeals to examine your case. Please Note:  An appeal does automatically stay the Court’s denial of the request. You can still face a decree of expulsion and repatriation! 

If you lack the funds to pay a lawyer to file an appeal, you can use a court appointed attorney. In this instance the government will pay the lawyer and all legal expenses. You will have to sign a declaration that attests to your lack of income.

If you don’t already have a lawyer that represents you, select an attorney from the list on file at the Court closest to you. Another option is contact the ARCI network in your city that will refer you to the legal aid office nearest you. Consult ( and find the legal resources available near where you live.

Otherwise contact the Free Number for Asylum Seekers and Refugees that can be reached from a home phone (800 905 570) or a cellular phone (351 13 76 335.)  The Free Number provides legal services and assistance.