The Migriricerca II open call has been published online; it guarantees a training scholarship to do social research to young people with a migrant background. The application deadline is June 30, 2022.
The open call for Migriresearch II, sponsored by FIERI, offers young people with a migrant background a scholarship to do social research. This is the second year that the scholarship is being offered. It is financially sponsored by Fondazione Compagnia di San Paolo , and is based on the premise that while migration dynamics are a strong focus in the social sciences, the research being done on the phenomena, and the related social integration and segregation processes, is almost totally produced by native researchers devoid of any migratory experience either at the family and/or individual level. This reality is also the case in Italy, where even though migration has been a decisive element of its national demography, young migrants or those with a migrant background are underrepresented in cultural professions, especially in the academic universe. To widen their representation is not only a question of social justice but will have an impact on the quality of the research.
You have until June 30, 2022, to apply for the scholarship.
- Be born abroad, migrated to Italy or have a migrant background.
- Be under 30 years of age (not yet finished at the time of application,) or less than 32 (not yet finished at the time of application,) if the candidate has already gotten a PhD
- Have finished, in Italy or abroad, a post-graduate degree in one of the following areas: Area 11 – Historical, Philosophical, Pedagogical and Psychological Sciences; Area 12 – Juridical Science; Area 13 – Economics and Statistics; Area 14 – Political and Social Sciences.
The scholarship will start on September 1, 2022, and will end on August 31, 2023. The scholarship is worth a nontaxable €16,800.00, paid out over a 12-month period via a coordinated contractual relationship.
How to Apply
To apply you must submit:
- An up-to-date resumé,
- A letter explaining the interest for the application and one’s migrant background,
- A proposal for a research project, preferably connected to one of FIERI’s topics:
- Migration dynamics, Intra-EU mobility and transnationalism (https://www.fieri.it/migration-flows-intra-eu-mobility-transnationalism/)
- Mixed migration dynamics, asylum, and international protection (https://www.fieri.it/mixed-flows-asylum-and-international-protection/)
- Integration: conditions of, relations and perceptions (https://www.fieri.it/integration-conditions-relations-and-perceptions/)
- Employment, Entrepreneurship, and remittances (https://www.fieri.it/labour-entrepreneurship-and-remittances/
- Welfare and Integration Policies (https://www.fieri.it/integration-and-welfare-policies/)
- Racism, Discrimination and Diversity
- Narration and Public Communications on migration
- Creativity and Artistic Output on migration and/or by subjects with a migrant background.
These are the research’s suggested topics: the Commission will consider proposals focused on different aspects but connected to migration dynamics. The research proposal will have to be of at least 12.000 characters (spaces included,) and must explain the area chosen, the methodology that will be adopted and the type of possible outcome.
How to Send Application
The applications must be sent only via computer to the email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, by June 30, 2022 (object: OPEN CALL MIGRIRICERCA II.) Those applications sent after the above date, will not be considered. Further information is available at the open call Migriricerca II (bando ufficiale Migriricerca II.)
Or contact Yassin Dia at: email@example.com, 011-5160044.
216 Visite totali, 1 visite odierne